I’m just a girl, sitting in front of a plate of food, asking it to please be delicious.
My name is Natalia — and I own and manage Colorado Bites. Food has always been a passion of mine: making it, taking photos of it, eating it, and sharing it with others. My only other passion that rivals it, is my love of travel — although I’m definitely a foodie when I travel, too. I just can’t visit somewhere new without sampling the best food and wine it has to offer.
What do I focus on? Just the best food and drinks around town. It can be a fancy steakhouse or a tiny, hole-in-the-wall, mom-and-pop spot — it just has to be good. I also went mostly gluten-free in 2021, so that’s been a focus for me lately, too. You can ask me why in person.
How did I get into blogging and the food influencer space? After many years of writing reviews for Yelp (I’m on my 11th year as a Yelp elite), I decided that I should expand those efforts to something of my own: and that’s how Colorado Bites got started in 2014. Eventually, most new content moved onto my Instagram at @colorado_bites (please follow me there to see my latest and greatest). Long-form blog content is just becoming obsolete and too hard to keep up with.
Is this my job? Nope, and I probably wouldn’t love it as much if it was. It’s actually just a hobby, with the occasional paid product promo mixed in. By day, I’m actually in finance — and formerly in marketing, advertising, and UX design.
Some fun facts:
- If I had to pick my last meal, it would hands-down be a true Louisiana crawfish boil. I fell in love with them when I first went to NoLa many years ago, and I’ve been going there every year since then just for the food (I even got a NoLa tattoo last time I went). And yes, it’s the reason for the crawfish in the logo.
- I love to travel and my life goal is to see most countries around the world. I was born and raised in Ukraine, studied abroad in Germany, taught English in Brazil, and have been to more than 25 countries around the world. Most recently, I spent a month in Croatia — and Georgia is up next!
- I used to be a competitive Latin ballroom and salsa dancer. I don’t do it anymore — but I’ve got some awesome photos to prove it! I’ll still go dancing socially when I can, though (usually at La Rumba or Grizzly Rose).
- I am a total cat lady. I have two goofball Scottish Fold cats named Meatball and Frankie (short for Frankfurter) — and yes, I totally want a 3rd and 4th one! You can follow them on Instagram at @meatballandfrankie.
- Yes, my hair is yellow — and has been for more than a year now. I actually used to have yellow hair back when I was a ballroom dancer (because it looks awesome on a competition floor), and I decided to bring it back. Yes, yellow is also my favorite color — so I plan to keep it this way for awhile. If you’re looking for the best colorist in town, check out @sloanstiles.